- General Studies – 1
- General Studies – 2
- General Studies – 3
- General Studies – 4
- GENERAL ESSAY PAPER
Infrastructural development is a key to bring in more investors, more jobs and better growth for our economy. So major infra projects, policies, international cooperation, funding, laws and regulations etc are to be known to an aspiring civil servant. This makes the topic important from UPSC’s point of view
- Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
- Nuclear energy
- Renewable Sources and the related policies
- http://niti.gov.in/content/blog[Smart City Challenge]
- http://cseindia.org/docs/photogallery/ifs/Renewable%20Energy%20in%20India%20Growth%20and%20Targets.pdf [ An overview of Renewable energy sector in India]
- Write a note on India’s green energy corridor to alleviate the problem of conventional energy.
- National Urban Transport Policy emphasizes on ‘moving people’ instead of ‘moving vehicles’. Discuss critically the success of the various strategies of the Government in this regard.
- To what factors can the recent dramatic fall in equipment costs and tariff of solar energy be attributed? What implications does the trend have for the thermal power producers and the related industry?