- General Studies – 1
- General Studies – 2
- General Studies – 3
- General Studies – 4
- GENERAL ESSAY PAPER
India and its neighbourhood.
1.Indian Foreign Policy towards her Neighbours
- India- Pakistan
- India-Sri Lanka
- India-Indian Ocean Countries
2.Look East Policy
3. Nepal Constitutional Crisis
4.Cultural ties and Soft Power Diplomacy
- http://www.mea.gov.in/foreign-relations.htm [Information on every bilateral Relation. Be selective and read current topics]
- Online –http://thediplomat.com/, http://www.ipcs.org/
- World Focus
- Newspapers –The Hindu-International Page and Lead, Op-ed Articles
- Project ‘Mausam’ is considered a unique foreign policy initiative of the Indian government to improve relationship wit its neighbours. Does the project have a strategic dimension? Discuss
- Terrorist activities and mutual distrust have clouded India – Pakistan relations. To what extent the use of soft power like sports and cultural exchange could help generate goodwill between the two countries. Discuss with suitable examples.
- With respect to the South China sea, maritime territorial disputes and rising tension affair the need for safeguarding maritime security to ensure freedom of navigation and ever flight throughout the region. In this context, discuss the bilateral issues between India and China.
- What do you understand by ‘The String of Pearls’? How does it impact India? Briefly outline the steps taken by India to counter this.
- The proposed withdrawal of International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) from Afghanistan in 2014 is fraught with major security implications for the countries of the region. Examine in light of the fact that India is faced with a plethora of challenges and needs to safeguard its own strategic interests.
- The protests in Shahbag Square in Dhaka in Bangladesh reveal a fundamental split in society between the nationalists. and Islamic forces. What is its significance for India-?
- Discuss the political developments in Maldives in the last two years. Should they be of any cause of concern to India?
- In respect of India-Sri Lanka relations, discuss how domestic factors influence foreign policy
- What is meant by Gujral doctrine? Does it have any relevance today? Discuss.