- INDIAN POLITY FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATIONS
- Indian Culture for Prelims Preparation
- Environment and Ecology
- Science & Technology
- Indian History
- Current Affairs
Surat Split to Political Movements by Gandhi [1907-1919]
- Surat Split- Swadeshi and Boycott movement
- Home Rule Movement
- Mahatma Gandhi and His African days
- Gandhi –Champaran, Ahmedabad, and Kheda
- India’s Struggle for Independence- Chapter 11, 12,13 & 14
- Spectrum’s- Brief History of Modern India- Chapter 4
1)What was the immediate cause for the launch of the Swadeshi movement?
(a) The partition of Bengal done by Lord Curzon.
(b) A sentence of 18 months rigorous imprisonment imposed on Lokmanya Tilak.
(c) The arrest and deportation of Lala Lajpat Rai and Ajit Singh, and the passing of the Punjab Colonization Bill.
(d) Death sentence pronounced on the Chapekar brothers
2)Consider the following statements:
1. Dr. Rajendra Prasad persuaded Mahatma Gandhi to come in Champaran to investigate the problem of peasants.
2. Acharya J. B. Kriplani was one of the Mahatma Gandhi’s colleagues in his Champaran investigation.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only (b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
1)What was the reason for mahatma Gandhi to organize a
satyagraha on behalf of the peasants off Kheda ?
1. The administration did not suspend the land revenue collection in spite of a drought.
2. The administration proposed to introduce permanent settlement in Gujarat.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
(a) 1 only.
(b) 2 only.
(c) Both 1 and 2.
(d) Neither 1 nor 2.
1)The Partition of Bengal made by Lord Curzon in 1905 lasted until
(a) the First World War, when Indian troops were needed by the British and the partition, was ended.
(b) King George V abrogated Curzon’s Act at the Royal Darbar in Delhi in 1911
(c) Gandhiji launched his Civil Disobedience Movement
(d) the Partition of India, in 1947 when East Bengal became East Pakistan
2)The Ghadr (Ghadar) was a
(a) revolutionary association of Indians with headquarters at San Francisco.
(b) a nationalist organization operating from Singapore
(c) a militant organization with headquarters at Berlin
(d) communist movement for India’s freedom with headquarters at Tashkent
1)Which one of the following movements has contributed to a split in the Indian National Congress resulting in the emergence of ‘moderates’ and ‘extremists?
(a) Swadeshi Movement
(b) Quit India Movement
(c) Non-Cooperation Movement
(d) Civil Disobedience Movement