- INDIAN POLITY FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATIONS
- Indian Culture for Prelims Preparation
- Environment and Ecology
- Science & Technology
- Indian History
- Current Affairs
Statutory Bodies in India for IAS Prelims Preparation
- Central Information Commission
- National Human Rights Commission
- National Integration Council
- Backward Class Commission
- Central Vigilance Commission
- National Commission for Safai karmcharies
- National Legal Services Authority
- Lok Pal and Lok Ayukhta
- Gram Nyayalaya
- Laxmikant 4th edition: Chapters 48-56
- Internet Sources
1) With reference to national Legal services Authority, consider the following statements:
- Its objective is to provide free and competent legal services to the weaker sections of the society on the basis of equal opportunity.
- it issues guidelines for the State Legal services Authorities to implement the legal programmes and schemes throughout the country.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(b) 2 only
With reference to the ‘Gram Nyayalaya Act’, which of the following statements is/are correct?
- As per the Act, Gram Nyayalayas can hear only civil cases and not criminal cases.
- The Act allows local social activists as mediators/reconciliators.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
Answer . b