- INDIAN POLITY FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATIONS
- Indian Culture for Prelims Preparation
- Environment and Ecology
- Science & Technology
- Indian History
- Current Affairs
Pre- Historic Culture of India
Indian Culture is one of the important topics in Prelims Syllabus. Being a multi-cultural society, India is known for its rich philosophy, various religious cultures, numerous festivals, tribal cultures, architectural monuments and so on.
This particular deals with Pre-Historic Culture.
- Upper Paleolithic
- Middle Paleolithic
- Lower Paleolithic
- Ancient India by Makkan lal- Chapters 5,6,7 & 8
- Class VI- NCERT- Our Past I- Chapter 1 & 2
1)Regarding the Indus valley civilization , consider the following Statements ?
1. It was predominantly a secular civilization and the religious element, though present, did not dominate the scene.
2. During this period, cotton was used for manufacturing textiles in India.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
(a) 1 only.
(b) 2 only.
(c) Both 1 and 2.
(d) Neither 1 nor 2.
[2013 Prelims ]
1)Which of the following characterizes/ characterize the people of Indus Civilization?
1. They possessed great palaces and temples.
2. They worshiped both male and female deities.
3. They employed horse-drawn chariots in warfare.
Select the correct statement/ statements using the codes given below.
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 2 only
(e) 1, 2 and 3
(d) None of the statements given above is correct
1) With reference to the difference between the culture of Rigvedic Aryans and Indus Valley people, which of the following statements is/are correct?
- Rigvedic Aryans used the coat of mail and helmet in warfare whereas the people of Indus Valley Civilization did not leave any evidence of using them.
- Rigvedic Aryans knew gold, silver and copper whereas Indus Valley people knew only copper and iron.
- Rigvedic Aryans had domesticated the horse whereas there is no evidence of Indus Valley people having been aware of this animal.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
Answer : A