- INDIAN POLITY FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATIONS
- Indian Culture for Prelims Preparation
- Environment and Ecology
- Science & Technology
- Indian History
- Current Affairs
Montford Reforms to Poorna Swaraj [ 1919-1929]
- Rowlatt Act –Jallianwala Massacre
- Gandhi- Khilafat- Non-cooperation Movement
- Communist party and Trade unions
- Gandhi-constructive work and Harijan campaign
- Simon Commission Report
- Nehru Report
- Jinnah’s 14 Points
- India’s Struggle for Independence- Chapter 15,19,21,24
- Spectrum’s- Brief History of Modern India- Chapter 5
1)With reference to the period of Indian freedom struggle, which of the following was/were recommended by the Nehru report ?
1.Complete independence for India.
2.Joint electorates for reservation of seats for minorities.
3.Provision of fundamental rights for the people of India in the constitution.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below :
(b)2 and 3 only.
(c)1 and 3 only.
(d)1,2 and 3.
1)The Rowlatt act aimed at
a) compulsory economic support to war efforts
b) imprisonment without trial and summary procedures for trial
c) suppression of the khilafat movement
d) imposition of restrictions on freedom of the press
2)The Lahore session of the Indian national congress 1929 is very important in history because
1 the congress passed a resolution demanding complete independence
2 rift between the extremists and moderates was resolved in that session
3 a resolution was passed rejecting two nation theory in that session
Which of the statements given above is/ are correct?
a) 1 only
b) 2 and 3
c) 1 and 3
d) None of the above
3)Which of the following is/ are the principal feature(s) of the
Government of India Act, 1919?
1. Introduction of dyarchy in the executive government of the provinces.
2. Introduction of separate communal electorates for Muslims
3. Devolution of legislative authority by the centre to the provinces
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
a) 1 only
b) 2 and 3 only
c) 1 and 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
1)The people of India agitated against the arrival of Simon Commission because
(a) Indians never wanted the review of the working of the Act of 1919
(b) Simon Commission recommended the abolition of Dyarchy (Diarchy) in the Provinces
(c) there was no Indian member in the Simon Commission
(d) the Simon Commission suggested the partition of the country
1)The Government of India Act of 1919 clearly defined
(a) the separation of power between the judiciary and the legislature
(b) the jurisdiction of the central and provincial governments
(c) the powers of the Secretary of State for India and the Viceroy
(d) None of the above
2)With reference to Rowlatt Satyagraha, which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. The Rowlatt Act was based on the recommendations of the ‘Sedition Committee’.
2. In Rowlatt Satyagraha, Gandhiji tried to utilize the Home Rule League.
3. Demonstrations against the arrival of Simon Commission coincided with Rowlatt Satyagraha.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 2 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
1) The object of the Butler Committee of 1927 was to?
(a) Define the jurisdiction of the Central and Provincial Governments.
(b) Define the powers of the Secretary of State for India.
(c) Impose censorship on national press.
(d) Improve the relationship between the Government of India and the Indian States.
2) The Trade Disputes Act of 1929 provided for
(a) the participation of workers in the management of industries.
(b) arbitrary powers to the management to quell industrial disputes.
(c) an intervention by the British Court in the event of a trade dispute.
(d) a system of tribunals and a ban on strikes.