- INDIAN POLITY FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATIONS
- Indian Culture for Prelims Preparation
- Environment and Ecology
- Science & Technology
- Indian History
- Current Affairs
Environment and Sustainable Development
- Different sustainable mode of Developments
- Use of Renewable Source of Energy
NCERT Indian Economic Development-Class XI- Chapter 9
1)The Government of India encourages the cultivation of ‘sea buckthorn’. What is the importance of this plant?
- It helps in controlling soil erosion and in preventing desertification.
- It is a rich source of biodiesel.
- It has nutritional value and is well adapted to live in cold areas of high altitudes.
- Its timber is of great commercial value.
Which of the statements given above is/ are correct?
a) 1 only
b) 2, 3 and 4 only
c) 1 and 3 only
d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
2) Biomass gasification is considered to be one of the sustainable solutions to the power crisis in India. In this context which of the following statements correct?
1 Coconut shells, groundnut shells and rice husk can be used in biomass gasification
2 The combustible gases generated from biomass gasification consist of hydrogen and carbon dioxide only
3.The combustible gases generated from biomass gasification can be used for direct heat generation but not in the internal combustion engines.
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
a )1 only
b )2 and 3 only
c )1 and 3 only
d )1, 2 and 3
1)Consider the following organisms
Which of the above is / are used as biofertilizer / biofertilizers
(a) 1 and 2
(b) 2 only
(e) 2 and 3
(d) 3 only
1)With reference to bio-toilets used by the Indian Railways, consider the following statements :
- The decomposition of human waste in the bio-toilets is initiated by a fungal inoculum.
- Ammonia and water vapour are the only end products in this decomposition which are released into the atmosphere.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only