- INDIAN POLITY FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATIONS
- Indian Culture for Prelims Preparation
- Environment and Ecology
- Science & Technology
- Indian History
- Current Affairs
Constitutional Bodies in India for IAS Prelims Preparation
- Finance Commission
- National Commission for SC & ST
- Special Officer for Linguistic Minorities
- Laxmikant 4th edition: Chapter 41, 42, 43 , 45 & 44
1) With reference to the finance commission of India, which of the following statements is correct?
(a) It encourages the inflow of foreign capital for infrastructure development.
(b) It facilities the proper distributor of finances among the public section undertakings.
(c) It ensures transparency in financial administration.
(d) None of the statements (a), (b) and (c) given above is correct in his context.
1) In India other than ensuring that public funds are used efficiently and for intended purpose what is the importance of the office of the CAG?
1. CAG exercises exchequer control on behalf of the parliament when the president of India declares national emergency/ financial emergency
2. CAG reports on the execution of projects or programmes by the ministries are discussed by the PAC/
3. Information form CAG reports can be used by investigating agencies to press charges against those who have violated the law while managing public finances.
4. While dealing with audit and accounting of govt. companies. CAG has certain judicial powers for prosecuting those who violate the law.
Which of the above are correct?
a. 1, 3 and 4 only
b. 2 only
c. 2 and 3 only
d. 1, 2, 3 and 4