- INDIAN POLITY FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATIONS
- Indian Culture for Prelims Preparation
- Environment and Ecology
- Science & Technology
- Indian History
- Current Affairs
- Kyoto Protocol
- Paris Climate Change Agreement
- Latest IPCC Reports
- Current Affairs on the topic from The Hindu and other sources
1)The increasing amount of carbon dioxide in the air is slowly raising the temperature of the atmosphere because it absorbs
a) the water vapour of the air and retains its heat
b) the UV part of the solar radiation
c) all the solar radiations
d) the infrared part of the solar radiation
1)Consider the following statements regarding ‘Earth Hour’ :
- It is an initiative of UNEP and UNESCO.
- It is a movement in which the participants switch off the lights for one hour on a certain day every year.
- It is a movement to raise the awareness about the climate change and the need to save the planet.
Which of the statements given above is / are correct?
(a) 1 and 3 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
2)The scientific view is that the increase in global temperature should not exceed 2 °C above pre industrial level. If the global temperature increases beyond 3 °C above the preindustrial level, what can be its possible impact/impacts on the world?
- Terrestrial biosphere tends toward a net carbon source
- Widespread coral mortality will occur.
- All the global wetlands will permanently disappear.
- Cultivation of cereals will not be possible anywhere in the world.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 2 only
(c) 2, 3 and 4 only
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4