- INDIAN POLITY FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATIONS
- Indian Culture for Prelims Preparation
- Environment and Ecology
- Science & Technology
- Indian History
- Current Affairs
Amendment of Indian Constitution
Basic Structure Doctrine and the amending power of the Constitution is a much debated and relevant topic of all times.
As an aspirant , we must be thorough with the cases that led to the development of ‘basic structure doctrine’. Also, we must be thorough with the amending procedure , the tussle between parliament and judiciary over Constitutional Amendment etc.
- Major Amendments
- Basic Structure
- Laxmikant 4th edition: Chapter 10, 11
1)Consider the following statements:
- An amendment to the Constitution of India can be initiated by an introduction of a bill in the Lok Sabha only.
- If such an amendment seeks to make changes in the federal character of the Constitution, the amendment also requires to be ratified by the legislature of all the States of India.
Which of the statements given above is /are correct?
a. 1 only
b. 2 only